Tuesday 21 October 2014

Writing Plot for LRP



I spend a lot of time writing plot for LRP events. Either for my own small (40-80 people) events or as part of a larger system.

I also spend a lot of time talking about writing plot and commenting on other peoples plot. As such, I’ve decided to pop some of the things we talk about somewhere that other people can read them (here). 

I’m interested in what you write and how. We’re a bit elitist at Mandala. We like to believe that we’re running the best games possible. That’s clearly subjective. So what do you set out to do, how do you do it, and what would you like to do better?

I'd also like to look at why people run events. What do you get out of it? And if you run events, do you also play them? I stopped playing events. It wasn't something I set out to do, however, despite running or assisting with 3-4 different systems I managed to go three years without playing anything. I fixed that fairly quickly and now play a fest game and a smaller modern horror game with a few other bits and pieces on the side.  We played the horror game 3-4 months before running one of our own, and wrote a comprehensive feedback document covering what we'd learnt about horror and what we wanted to achieve with our own game. 


So, I want to look at how we write games, how we learn about games, and what we set out to achieve when we're running games. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment